Friday, May 9, 2014

One to One Broadcasting

So I know this blog is called 1 to 1 science but I also teach broadcasting so at times I will also be talking about that class.  No one has told me yet what that will look like.  All the 8th graders will have macs.  Right now I’m assuming we will keep some of our computers, especially those running our studio, and use iMovie for a lot of our editing.  It has been a long time since I used iMovie so I’m kind of excited to get in and use it.  

Last week I started creating a document for my broadcasting students that will serve as a semester long evaluation/portfolio.  The link for this document (still in progress) is here.  I’m not completely sure how this is going to work but I like the idea of going paperless and I like the idea of keeping a running log of their work.  The part that concerns me is giving student edit access to this document.  I will keep all of their official grades in the grade book so if they go in and change something I will have the original grade, and I can always go back to the edit history.  I think I’m going to work with the kids on evaluating themselves in black, then when I grade them, I will use red to keep it separate.  One other drawback I see to this is that I’m going to have to make 25 copies of this doc per class, rename each of them and share them with the student individually.  I thought about having them make copies from a shared folder but I want to retain ownership of the document.  That will take a little bit of time but overall I think it will be worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment